Monday, March 19, 2012

Living Room: New Additions

I was a busy little bee this weekend!  Between my little mirror makeover and the birthday festivities, I still made time for a few changes in the living room.

Not sure if you remember, but since moving in, I have been obsessed with this painting - I ordered it right away of course, and for the last five months, it's been sitting on the floor, propped against the wall in the living room.  Well this weekend, I hung it!  I tore this photo from my Ballard Designs Catalog, and used it for inspiration when deciding where it would go.
I asked myself, would a lamp be too much in front of the painting?  How high should I hang it?  Should the desk be completely empty to avoid any distractions?

In the end, I decided a few glass containers with beachy contents would do the trick.  I'm not 100% happy with how it is now - I am thinking the smaller container needs more shells, and more sand - it should really be a much larger container filled to the top.  Next to the apothecary jar (a wonderful find at Home Goods) it looks dwarfed, but we are on the right track.  Ideally I'll be able to find a vase or jar that comes just above the bottom of the painting... on the hunt again...  

Also, don't mock my photography skills - I know they need some work, but I got a new camera (aka I stole Kris' fancy schmancy Canon Rebel and new lens) and it sure beats the iphone, right?!




No comments:

Post a Comment