Monday, January 28, 2013

The Little Black Coat

Brrrrr!!  It is SO COLD on this Monday morning.  As I shivered on my walk into the office, I decided I NEEDED to dedicate my post today to functional AND fashionable coats.


Everyone loves the "little black dress" because it goes anywhere - from the office to dinner or wherever else!  I feel the same way about the little black coat.  Always chic, totally fashionable, and you'll be warm - even on the coldest days!

I am totally in love with this Burberry coat from the above inspiration - I mean, aren't we all??  The belted waist .. the wide lapels... I'm in love.  It's fabulous to be sure, but totally NOT in my budget.  Wah!  

Loving this look, I pulled some little black coat inspiration together for you all - which do you like best?
Black Coats



Coat / Coast wool coat, $310 / Tweed coat / Double breasted coat / Ted Baker trench coat, $360 / Karen Millen

I love the classic lines of the double breasted wool trench on the left - it's no frills but the belted waist keeps it super feminine and tailored.  The second two on the top row, involve faux fur... which you KNOW I am all about right now... it just takes it up a notch, don't you think??

On the bottom row, how fun and flirty is the flouncy skirt on the coat to the far left?  Or the belted cape in the middle?!  Adorable, and so easy to throw on with jeans!  And finally, the asymmetrical collar on the final coat is so Charlotte from SATC. LOVE!!

BRRRRRRRR... I've got the heater cranked up, and a hot tea warming me up slowly.  Have a happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment