Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Sand Between my Toes

I spent last week in Miami for a work conference, and it made for a great little break.  While we spent every day in an overly air conditioned conference room, I managed to sneak out for a little beach time...

I mean LOOK at that water... how could I not?!

It was so clear, and sooooo blue.  That perfect tropical color that seriously does not exist on the west coast!

On a few days, I snuck out to the beach over our lunch break, and parked myself in a chair for a little sun, and the feeling of vacation... even if it was for just an hour.  The warm sun, and a cold beverage was just what I needed...


And... THIS was the view from my room at the W in South Beach...
 I'll just say... it didn't suck :-)

It's a breezy 60 degrees in San Francisco, and just posting these pictures makes me crave the balmy weather, and room service.  I wish there were a freshly stocked mini-bar in our apartment... and a maid to give me fresh towels daily.

Side note: what is it about hotels that makes me go through about 5 towels a day??  Ugh, if only we had a fairy that came to our house and swapped them out for us every day...

I was so good - one morning I even got up early for a run, and to watch the sunrise...

And then I was bad, and had a few cocktails by the pool... it would have been wrong of me not to take full advantage of Miami!!


... and everyone needs a good tan in South Beach...

All in all, a fabulous week away - even if it was for work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment