Monday, October 14, 2013

Our new Bar Cart

Happy Monday you guys!

I've been MEANING to post this for several weeks, but let me introduce you to our new bar cart!!


Yes, you heard me... BAR CART.  Hollllaaaaaaaa!!!

I've been wanting one for close to two years, and after much hunting, and much waiting I have one!! Do you remember the one that got away??  If only I'd pulled the trigger on a truly vintage bar cart, but everything happens for a reason, right??  Anyway, remember how I posted about this one from Target's Threshold collection??

Well, I couldn't help myself!  I swear, once I saw it, it was a done deal.


I had a little difficulty tracking it down, but I wasn't ready to pull the trigger without seeing it in person. After locating one about an hour away, it was love at first sight.

I LOVE the brassy bronze finish, and the wood tray tops are a really nice touch.  I mean, it's actually wood people!!  I'd read reviews that people said it looked and felt more expensive than it is.  This is the truth!!  It's heavy, and feels so sturdy.  I could not be more happy with it :-)


I had so much fun styling the top.  Turns out, we like our cocktails, because after gathering up all the bottles of alcohol in one place we had everything we needed!  Vodka galore, tequila (when and why did I buy that??), whiskey, and all the fixings for the perfect Manhattan.

Add to that, the really pretty cocktail glasses my mom gifted me (I actually think they are the old school champagne glasses with the wide bowl) some martini glasses, and all the tools for mixing, stirring, and straining drinks, and we were in business!!  There ALMOST wasn't enough room for it all!


Once all the bar essentials were in place, I needed to add some fun accessories.

It is fall after all, and I couldn't resist this cute little wooden fox.  I mean, what is a bar without a sassy fox??

I also loved the bronze candle holders - at night, they give a really pretty amber glow to the area.


Speaking of foxes... have you heard and / or seen the video for the song, "What Does the Fox Say"?? So hilarious - one of my coworkers introduced me to it, and I still can't decide if it's a joke, or if they're serious.  Listen to it a few times... you'll find yourself humming it at the most random times!

Anyway...


I'm still not loving the lower shelf's styling, but it's fine for now.

I felt it needed some height, which is why the lantern landed there, but I just don't love it.  Still working that out...

The light was really bright from the living room when I was taking these photos, so excuse the washed out pictures...  I was aiming for a shot from further back to get the shelves in there... and the print hanging above the bar cart.


I hung that months before I knew we'd ever have a bar cart!  How perfect is that?!


Here's a little birds eye view...

I know I said I was staying away from faux flowers, but these are seriously the ONLY ONES left in our house, and they had a really nice autumn vibe to them.  I couldn't resist!


So that's it!  Our new little bar cart that encourages the observance of cocktail hour... not that I'm complaining!

What do you think??

Are you running off to the store to get one of your own?

Who wants to play the role of Betty Draper with me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment