Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Design Icon: Stacy Curran

Another pretty room - Pinterest is full of those isn't it??

This room belongs to Stacy of South Shore Decorating - previously named as Conspicuous Style.

I've followed her for a long time, and really admire her style, and her story.  Her bedroom is one of my all time favorite spaces - all cool soothing tones of icy blues, greens and greys.  All the white in the bedding and bed frame allow the wall color to shine, and it actually gives the room a silvery feel.  Everything about this room says elegance, sophistication, and "no chocolate on your hands please" (a personal mantra of mine)!  It's absolutely, drop dead gorgeous.  

And the zebra??  Everyone I know thinks I've become a bit nutty with this animal print obsession, but I LOVE it!


Well, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and being a gal on a budget, I created a design board that mimics this room, but won't break the bank.

If you love it, check out the "where to buy" guide below - and if you are interested in having my help creating a design board for a room you are working on - send me a private message!  I'm more than happy to help!


Where To Buy:
Bed Frame,  Zebra Print Rug,  Silver Framed Mirror,  Side tables (these are actually console tables),  Creme Slipcovered Chair,  Upholstered Ottoman with Casters,  White Curtains (you can easily add black trim with iron on adhesive),  Peacock Blue Velvet Pillows Grey Silk Pillows,   Patterned Throw Pillow,    Stacked Ball Acrylic Table Lamp,  Throw blanket

In case her fabulous bedroom didn't impress you enough on it's own - she is INCREDIBLY down to earth!


In an interview last year, she was asked, "What decorating techniques/ideas/projects would you recommend to a homeowner who wants a quick fix to their room?"

Stacy answered, "Paint, curtains, and pillows make a world of difference, and can be done relatively inexpensively. Making curtains out of fabric from JoAnn's or similar stores, when you catch them on sale, can be surprisingly affordable.  I do my own all the time, and don't even sew them.  I use fabric tape or glue to hem and line (well, I don't usually line them, butyou can if you're ambitious).  In my bedroom, I used $10 white panels from Target and glued grosgrain ribbon to trim them, and I think they look as good as really expensive ones.  In my dining room, I hung fabric from JoAnn on rods/rings, and no one would ever know that they are not really "curtains" from a  seamstress or store."

Amen sister - anyone who A) can put that room together, B) loves Target (pronounced Tar-shay) as much as I do, and C) still looks to cut corners without sacrificing style is definitely WORTHY of the title "Design Icon" - and she is certainly one for me!

Read the rest of the interview here, and go check out her blog, plus more pictures of her lovely home here!

2 comments:

  1. I just saw this tonight Becky- thank you so much for the kind words!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course - your work is amazing! I'm such a huge fan :-)

      Delete