Thursday, November 8, 2012

Healthy Eating: Baked Brown Sugar Chicken Wings With Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce

Dieting sucks.  Let's just be honest with ourselves.  I love steak with a solid pad of butter on top.  If I could eat the massive burritos from Super Burrito Express II every night I'd be a happy girl (and by the way, don't judge me... Super Burrito Express II is AMAZING, despite it's unfortunate name).  The problem is that I associate healthy food with bland food, but I'm desperately trying to change the healthy = bland mantra that I chant (in my head of course) as I watch the girls in my office pretend that they are stuffed after their carrot sticks and hummus.  If this doesn't work, the next step is hypnosis... I kid... sort of.

In an effort to fit back in my pants eat healthier, I've been scouring all my favorite food blogs for healthy recipes, that are tasty (most important) and easy (a close second) - baby steps, right??


This recipe from Domestic Fits for Baked Brown Sugar Chicken Wings fits the bill... and who doesn't love chicken wings, right??  

The key here is that they are baked, not fried, and all the flavor comes from from the seasoning.  Even the sauce uses goat cheese (one of the most low in fat cheeses... yay) but you could also substitute this with greek yogurt if you aren't a fan of goat cheese.  I haven't met a cheese I don't like, so I can't wait to smother daintily dip my wings in this sauce...

Ingredients:
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp dried minced garlic
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
2 tbs olive oil
8 chicken legs or wings
1/3 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
2 oz goat cheese
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbs sour cream

Directions:
While you preheat the oven to 425, combine the first 7 ingredients in a plastic bag, or a bowl.  Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and rub to coat. Add the chicken to the bag (or bowl) and toss or shake bag until well coated.

Place on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes, turn the chicken over, and continue to bake until cooked through, about 10-15 additional minutes (depending on the thickness of your chicken).   In a food processor, add the roasted red pepper, goat cheese salt and sour cream, process until well combined.

And... voila!  Easy right??  I love those kinds of recipes :-)

2 comments:

  1. I've been making these for years at every party I host. They are always a hit and there are never any left at the end of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With bistroMD you know that you will not only receive delicious meals, but that every meal and every day in bistroMD's weight loss programs is balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform that helps promote an healthy diet.

    STEP 1 - Select one of the diet plans for 5 or 7 days of meals.
    STEP 2 - Review your menu before ordering and decide on the entrees you want for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your weight loss program.
    STEP 4 - Your entrees are delivered to your doorstep.

    ORDER NOW - home delivery.

    ReplyDelete