Thursday, December 20, 2012

Grapefruit and Rosemary Holiday Cocktail

I love me a good cocktail, and as work gets hectic towards the end of the year, sometimes I love me a good STRONG cocktail.

Please meet my new favorite after work friend - the Grapefruit and Rosemary Holiday Cocktail.  You will love me forever once you try!

From Taste of the South, Christmas Cooking Southern Style 2010

Ingredients
1/4 cup crushed ice
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
1 (1/4-inch-thick) slice grapefruit
1 1/2 ounces vodka
4 ounces seltzer water
Garnish: grapefruit slices and rosemary sprigs

Directions
In a cocktail shaker, muddle together ice and rosemary
Add grapefruit slice, and muddle again
Pour vodka and seltzer water over muddled grapefruit mixture
Strain into a glass. Serve with ice, (if desired), or serve it up in a martini glass
Garnish with a grapefruit slice and a rosemary sprig (to be fancy, of course)

**For whiskey lovers, vodka can be substituted with Bourbon - a totally different drink, but equally delicious.  A lesson I learned when we ran out of Vodka.

No comments:

Post a Comment