Thursday, March 14, 2013

Cherry Blossom Branches

Spring has sprung in San Francisco, and the freakishly warm days here have forced the cherry blossom trees in our neighborhood to bloom early.  The city now has big clouds of pink blossoms everywhere which makes me want some pretty blossoming branches to put in a big vase in our living room.  

How gorgeous and natural are these arrangements?!  Don't tell me you aren't wanting a big bundle of flowering branches now!

In a pitcher next to a big soaking tub... so very french provincial, no?

 This photo looks like it was taking in San Francisco (although I have no proof of that).  My dream home - lots of white, lots of light, and that beautiful crown molding   The branches get to take center stage with the simple decor.

Branches of cherry blossoms and tulips (from a tulip tree)  I'll take it.  I actually saw a flowering tulip tree just a few blocks over, and had serious thoughts of tip-toeing over there in the middle of the night to cut a few down.  So wrong. I'm embarrassed to admit it!

Ahh, a big bushel of branches in my future home.  Well the future home of my dreams that is.  Wah!
Was the matching pink pillow planted here just to pick up the color in the blossoms?  Genius.  Feminine and masculine (with that black leather) all at the same time!

Source
And, here is the cutest little Easter tablescape in the history of the world.  Those little ceramic bunnies hopping about... the happy Easter egg ornaments hanging from the branches??  I love LOVE LOOVEEE it all!

Does this have you dreaming of cherry blossoms too now?

No comments:

Post a Comment