Friday, March 22, 2013

To Fret or not to Fret

I'm not talking about worrying - I'm talking about fretwork, which I am completely in love with. Obviously.  Perhaps its my love of the trellis pattern that admittedly I overuse (on rugs, pillows, window treatments, and anywhere else I can put it).  I love how fretwork takes the intricate trellis pattern and turns it 3D, creating yet another awesome way to incorporate trellis into design.

I may be a bit biased, but I think it works in so many different spaces...

In an outdoor patio...

White on white... in a super modern bath

Behind a contemporary vanity... don't get me started on ALL. THAT. STORAGE.  Dah!

Running down a whimsical stairwell - wouldn't that be the most magical staircase to a child's playroom - in the dream house of my dreams' dreams...

Behind matching twin beds...

Could these Chinese Chippendales be any more gorgeous??  Ugh!  I want!

Fretwork makes the entrance to this dining room so dramatic, and frames the room beautifully...

No comments:

Post a Comment