Friday, July 25, 2014

Kitchen Inspiration for Phase II Updates

Hello friends!!

Thanks for all the kind words on our little kitchen facelift that I'd posted about earlier in the week!

So far, the grout paint is holding up really well!  We've had it for about a month now, and so far so good - we cook / clean a lot, so we're not being gentle on these counter-tops by any means.  I'll keep you posted though on how it wears long term.

In my last post, I'd mentioned that this was "Phase I" of the kitchen update... part of me is still debating if we need a Phase II, but here's a little hint about what I've been dabbling with for a potential Phase II...





Don't you just love???

Obviously these kitchens are all so lovely, and I would just be making superficial updates to our dated kitchen from the '80's (we rent!) but there is a lot we could do to doll it up a bit...

I adore the look of dark lowers and light upper cabinets - it's like a tuxedo... but not.

The reason I've been toying with this is that our kitchen is feeling really "white" - this isn't a bad thing considering before the few updates I've made, it was feeling really "yellow", but with the white tile counters, the white cabinets, the white appliances and the white floor, I think dark lower cabinets would look really nice.

This is what things are looking like now:




Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great place to be considering where we started, but don't you think dark grey lower cabinets would look really good???

There are other things I want to work on before painting these lowers - like painting the bathroom which will be super challenging to cut in around the sink, the multiple windows and doors, and get in behind the toilet - but it's a thought.

Another idea I've been dabbling with for the kitchen... more grout paint... but this time on the floor.  Same situation - white tile (it's linoleum, but is made to look like marble) but with that hideous dark grout!  We have two large jute area rugs to mask all those gridlines (it makes you dizzy!) but I'd love for the floor grout to be white too.  If I am crazy enough to attempt this, then the kitchen really will be white on white on white, with more white, so the lowers will almost NEED to be painted.

Right??

Am I crazy to be thinking about this?  Possibly... but I somehow can't stop thinking about it!

Ok, so this is admittedly not my finest attempt at rendering something, but what do you think...


I'm thinking... me likey....

No comments:

Post a Comment