Friday, July 11, 2014

The Magic of Paint

Happy Friday Friends!!  The deck hasn't made any major changes since my last post, but I wanted to share the small progress I've made so far...

Do you remember how shabby the chairs were looking out there??


Well, Kris came home a while back to find me sanding as much of that old chippy paint off as possible.

Despite the fact that the deck is still in shambles, the chairs are now looking like this...


Boom.  Amazing, right??

I used outdoor paint on these bad boys, so there was no need to prime them - thank god for that, because getting between the little slats turned out to be much more time consuming than I'd bargained for.  There will be more pictures of these lovely chairs once the deck fully comes together, but I couldn't resist a small update here.


These photos were snapped after two coats - both chairs and the small table are needing a third and final coat for sure, but the blue is such a nice change from the blah color it had beforehand.  You can really see in these two pictures where the extra paint is needed - between the slats, and on the legs.  It just looks a bit spotty still, but regardless, a HUGE improvement.


I wish our property managers were moving at my speed - luckily I don't have to wait too much longer... Painters are going to start getting the scaffold up next week, which means that in a few short weeks, we will be able to pull our amazing outdoor space together.!

I'm ready to get this deck whipped into shape!   Other updates on the deck... I just ordered navy and off-white striped cushions from Ballard that are on their way, along with a cedar planter for the boxwoods.  Also on my wishlist is a pretty ceramic garden stool - I'm looking for something blue and white, but don't want to break the bank.

Keep your eyes peeled for me!!

2 comments:


  1. When you blog about something that you are passionate of, the rest will just follow. You spend time on it because you love doing it, your contents are great because it is of interest to you, etc. The point is you blog for your own personal gratification.

    bed

    ReplyDelete