Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel: NEED, not want

 

One of my more recent obsessions revolves around getting a puppy.  Not yet any puppy, a Cavelier King Charles Spaniel.  The conversation goes something like this:

Me: "Oh my god, honey, look at that dog!!  Soo cute!!"
Kris: "Yeah, it's cute"
Me: "Oh my gosh, I NEED that dog in my life - can you imagine how much fun we'd have taking it on long walks, teaching it tricks, and snuggling with it on the couch?"
Kris: "Pretty cute. I'm hungry, where do you want to eat?"
Me: "No but really, I feel like our lives would be so complete with a dog.  And my office is dog friendly - I could bring it to work so it wouldn't be home alone!"
Kris: "A dog is a huge responsibility outside of the obvious fact that our building doesn't allow dogs"
Me: "That is such a minor detail - our landlord loves me"

And so on... and so on...

I mean, LOOK that that little face!  What a muffin!!  I will slowly but surely wear Kris down... if only I can get our names on a few waiting lists, he will cave!

No comments:

Post a Comment