Monday, September 23, 2013

Fall Capes

Happy first week of fall!!

What better way to welcome my favorite season - full of Pumpkin Spice Lattes and crisp sunny weather - than with a little fashion inspiration around one of my favorite fall trends...

The Cape!
I LOVE the classic east coast feel of the cape... so essentially "Ralph Lauren".  Totally fabulous and equestrian, right?? It looks like you just hopped off your horse, and are running inside for a steaming cup of apple cider.

Aside from being a chic little layer, they are possibly the easiest way to look pulled together on a cool day. Pull on a pair of jeans and riding boots and you're ready to go!


I love the hooded version to keep the hair dry and frizz free on foggy mornings, as much as I love the lighter version where your arms are exposed.

How cute does this look with black tights and ankle boots??


And of course, plaid is just a classic... this hunter green is just AMAZING!

The lighter knit versions are also awesome - one of my favorite layering pieces is a dark grey cape I bought 3 years ago.  It's gotten more use than half the things in my closet!


And of course, you can never go wrong with classic black... this heavy wool version is perfect for late fall when it's REALLY chilly.

With capes on the mind, I've pulled together a few favorites...

The first row - the classic neutral cape...

The second row - the slouchier, lighter cape for layering...

The third row - the statement cape...

Fall Capes


Moschino Cheap Chic coat / Duro olowu, $1,795 / Msgm / Ralph Lauren Blue Label alpaca poncho / Cashmere cape / Lauren Ralph Lauren plaid cape coat, $350 / Coast wool cape, $310 / Patrizia pepe, $290 / Coat, $120 / Dorothy Perkins cape coat / Ralph lauren / Ralph Lauren military cape coat


So, what's your take on the fall cape?  Do you love them as much as I do??

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment