Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A very Thankful 2011



One of my favorite holidays is just around the corner.  I happen to LOVE Thanksgiving becuase unlike Christmas, there isn't the added stress of buying people presents.  It's just about spending time with the people you love, and eating and drinking to your hearts content.

This year, we are heading to Kris' half sister's house earlier in the day, and then doubling back to my parents. I find splitting the holidays to be stressful, and sad.  I never really feel like we are spending quality time because one eye is always on the clock.  I also feel like no one is ever happy that we have to run half-way through the day, but luckily I have the best parents in the world.  My mom just wants me to be happy, and really doesn't put pressure on me to stay at their house.

This year has brought a lot to be thankful for - I have gotten promoted, Kris and I have moved in to a new home together, my family is in good health, my sister just got married.  I am at a very happy, peaceful time in my life, where the puzzle pieces seem to be fitting together, and for once, there are very few things I could honestly say I'd want to change.

To all the people struggling right now, may the rest of the year bring peace, and may we stop to be thankful for one thing every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment