Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Animal Print Rugs

Sooo... yesterday we talked about the look of worn rugs acting as a neutral background for a slightly more traditional living space...

While we're on the topic of rugs, let's talk about animal print... kind of the opposite of "traditional"


I'm a fan.

My favorite pair of flats are leopard print, and I wear them like a neutral - literally with everything.  Could I do a leopard print rug??

Or antelope??


Or cheetah??





I mean if it's good enough for the editor of Real Simple...


And it's good enough for Erin Gates...

It's amazing, right??

Well, I came across this bad boy... and it really got the wheels turning...

Could I do leopard print in a big dose like this??? I mean, I am pretty sure that this is the same rug as was used here...

Dark teal walls, simple clean lines, and light furniture... it's only $341 right now for the 6'x9'....

It could happen... what do you think???

4 comments:

  1. I'm also a huge fan of Erin Gates, and LOVE the animal print stairway. I'm dying to see more pics of it - the other teal room is cool as well. I don't know if I could stomach animal print 24/7 in such large doses, but they pull it off well. Good luck if you try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still not sure if I'm brave enough, but if I am, you'll be the first to hear about it :-)

      Delete
  2. I never really considered animal print for my home until your post. The rooms you shared are gorgeous.

    PS. Congrats on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The fiance isn't onboard with that much animal print just yet, but maybe a throw pillow or two might sneak its way in...

      Delete