Wednesday, March 19, 2014

True Style vs. a Truly cool Lamp??

So I know that yesterday I posted about staying true to your style.  Mine is classic.  Clean. Contemporary. Comfortable. Preppy.

But let's talk about this lamp for a moment.


You all know this lamp.

Nate Berkus blew everyone away with his last collection for Target.  It flew off the shelves and was only available online.  I of course lusted after it, and finally caved.  I ordered two of them.

They arrived last week, and after setting one of them up, Kris came home... his immediate response was:

"I can't tell if I hate that lamp or if it's my favorite thing in the house."

I couldn't have said it better myself.

After just posting yesterday about staying true to your style, I am evaluating EVERYTHING against that lens now, and these lamps do not really reflect my "true style"... but they are so dang cool!!!  I had originally wanted them for the living room, but they are not at all right in that space.

I'm thinking that on our desks in our soon-to-be-office they could be great, so I'll hang onto them for now...

To give you a little visual, this is sort of how I see them playing out in the office...


I'm not ready to let go of the lamps yet, but I know I need to make some decisions soon!!

What do you think?

Fabulous??

Or do they need to go back to the store?

2 comments:

  1. HA! I bought one for our living room, and my husband had the same reaction as Kris. It stayed up as a trial, and now we love it. I tend to be more traditional and "clean + classic," but this has become one of my favorites. I think it adds an interesting pop to decor without being overwhelming. My vote is to keep it - if only as a trial and re-evaluate in a few weeks. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Velvet drapes

    ReplyDelete