Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Mirror that Got Away

Regret.  Major regret my friends!!

I'm going to call it "un-buyers remorse".  Ugh!!  If only I could turn back time and buy that mirror a month ago at the Alameda County Flea Market, all would be well in the world!!

Here's the short version of this story... a few weeks ago, one of my best friends and I went to the Alameda County Flea Market.  "Flea Market" doesn't sound like the kind of place I'd want to be, but I swear to you, this one is amazing.  Some real gems my friends...  Also, a lot of weird old (but not that old) nightgowns, Hawaiian shirts, and used shoes, but for the most part cool, unique furniture, accessories, and antiques.

Last month was our second trip to the flea market, and having already used our first trip to scout things out, we came prepared with a rough wishlist of what we wanted to find, plenty of cash, and comfortable walking shoes.  We both came away from our little flea market trip with some absolute gems... but there is one mirror that I passed on, and it keeps coming back to haunt me.

It's literally haunting me you guys... now that it's long gone, and I can't possibly have it, I keep seeing it pop up in pictures of beautifully styled rooms - on my favorite blogs... on Pinterest!  I can't escape it!!







I realize that at some point I'm going to have to get over it, but it's just so pretty, and it would look so amazing over our chest of drawers in the bedroom!  As if to add insult to injury, the mirror we have hanging there right now is a boring, black, rectangular frame from Ikea.  Oh, and I accidentally drilled two holes straight through the wood, so that it looks extra "special". Dah!

People talk about buyers remorse, but I swear no one ever talks about un-buyers remorse.  If only I'd pulled the trigger!!

Has this ever happened to you?

2 comments:

  1. I totally feel for you! Its happened to me too :( This mirror is kinda similar to the one in the 3rd picture..? I have it hanging over a console table and I painted the edges black http://www.pier1.com/Crisanto-Octagon-Mirror/2518880,default,pd.html?cgid=round-mirrors#nav=top&start=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love that! I always forget about Pier 1 but this mirror is awesome! Thanks for the recommendation!!

      Delete