Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Green and Gold Christmas

I'm in the process of photographing and posting some of the holiday decor we've got up in our house, but wanted to share where I was pulling my inspiration from this year...


Green and gold baby!

I'm loving the look of the overabundance of greens in the forms of wreaths, greenery in vases, swags of greens and garlands on stairwells (which we don't have), across fireplaces (which we DO have), and everywhere in-between.


If it's crusted in gold, or glitter, or both, chances are I want it.

I just think that the combination of the greenery with all the gold is just so pretty with all the twinkle lights, and I think it adds a bit of glam to what could otherwise really be a rustic, woodsy look.


I mean how amazing is that tree, and that entryway, and that staircase, and that garland?!?!  My future house in the Hamptons will look JUST like this at the holidays :-)

THAT DOG!!!! 

What a muffin, although, clearly this is the most well behaved dog in the world.  All those leftovers on the table, and he's not even trying to touch them?  

Yeah right.


How pretty are these trees by the way??  There are so many gold ornaments and gold lights, they take over the branches, and it looks like something straight out of Kind Midas' palace.

That said, I'm a sentimentalist, and so every year our tree gets decorated with the ornaments I've collected over the years.  It is such a fun tradition, remembering where each ornament came from.  One of my favorites is a pair of ceramic ballet slippers that miraculously have not yet broken.  They are HEAVY but so pretty, and remind me of all the Decembers I'd play with them (carefully) as a little girl.

That said, I did go a little wild this year, and we have a few trees in our house........

More on that soon!






I think the photos speak for themselves, but are you loving the green and gold as much as I am?? I also love classic red and green - red apples, berries, cardinals, and a crisp red plaid!  The gold is a really fun change for us this year though, and it's all coming together so well!  

Literally cannot wait to share with you guys some of the decorations we've put up at home!!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gambling house: A look at online gambling | JTM Hub
    The online gambling industry 양산 출장안마 has 남원 출장마사지 reached an 경주 출장마사지 estimated US$2.2 billion, with the latest 원주 출장마사지 revenue coming in 아산 출장마사지 from online gambling.

    ReplyDelete