Monday, December 12, 2011

Dad is turning 60!

I can't believe it!  My dad is turning 60 this year, and for quite some time, I have been brainstorming ways to make it a really special day!  I came across this amazing post on the blog Inchmark.  They posted the COOLEST idea that is relatively inexpensive but that will make a huge impact.


I had toyed with the idea of throwing a big party for my dad, but honestly, that would be my mom's dream - my dad would hate it.  He is more into intimate dinners with my mom, me and my sister, so in lieu of a big surprise party, I want all his family and friends to be a part of the celebration, so I will be making 60 postcards to send to 60 of the most important people in his life.  With these pre-stamped postcards, I am sending instructions to write the best, funniest or just favorite memories of my dad and mail it back as close to his birthday as possible.  This way, in the weeks surrounding his birthday, he will receive sweet little notes from everyone in his life.

What a wonderful way to turn the corner to a new decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment