Monday, June 24, 2013

X (bench) Marks the Spot

For anyone else out there that is a devout follower of the wedding blog, Style Me Pretty, you probably also follow their spin off blog, SMP Living.  Last week they had a FABULOUS feature on "how to makeover an x bench".

I have been a long-time lover of the x-bench, and had been on the hunt for a pair for a while, to fill the empty space below the large piece of art in our living room (well the space occupied with bags for donation in this photo...)

A few months back, when I first found our tripod lamp, I even created a mock of how I saw this wall looking... complete with x-benches.  Unfortunately, not much has changed in this space since I posted this back in January:

SMP's x-bench makeover gave me the inspiration to look into getting a pair of x-benches again, and so I hunted about for some additional inspiration...

X-Benches as a lovely accent under a console table...


X-benches are lovely at the foot of a bed...


X-benches are the perfect seat to tuck under a desk


X-benches are the perfect way to add seating in a living room...


Now the real trick is to find a pair of x-benches... they are apparently not available online, and so I suspect I'll be making some calls to a few stores today...

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE X benches, but have never found a pair online either! Hope you find something great. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh... I am mid project right now - cannot wait for my new xbenches to be finished!!!

      Delete
  2. I love the benches. I wish I could make them work somehow in my house. I think they would like great in at the end of my bed, but my bedroom is on the small side. I love your rug too. I have the same one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike :-) Thanks for stopping by - love your blog!

      Delete
  3. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you gotta watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Want your ex CRAWLING back to you...?

    ReplyDelete