Thursday, May 24, 2012

How Pinteresting: Week III

Here we are... almost the end of another week!  My cold is starting to get really awesome now (lovely hacking cough), but I'm feeling better now that the sore throat and achyness have passed!

The looonnnnggggg weekend is so close, I can almost taste it!  Luckily, my agency is owned by a French holding company, and those Frenchies really know how to vacation.  What does that mean for me?  It means, that I get Monday off for Memorial day, along with tomorrow... just for good measure!

Anyway, on the edge of a lovely long weekend, enjoy the best of Pinterest from this week
xo

- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -

1. House Beautiful's Mismatched Seating 
This room is actually fairly simple if you look closely, but the almost empty white walls allow that amazing chandelier to take center stage, and the mismatched chairs keep the feeling of the room casual, instead of super formal.  I looooveeeee.
Mismatched seating. Designer: Tracery Interiors. Photo: Jonny Valiant. housebeautiful.com #white #dining #chandelier


2. Recipe for Crispy Brussels Sprouts
Growing up, there was nothing I hated more than brussels sprouts, but now I LOVE them.  Boiled brussels sprouts are still god awful, but broiled with garlic, and dipped in flavorful aioli?? Yes please!  Check out the full recipe here.
Crispy Brussel Sprouts with Garlic Aioli.... I will be doing these tonight :-)


3. All White Wedding
I already posted on this wedding, but I am just still so in love with the all white brides maids dresses, I couldn't resist.  So pretty.  So simple.
White on White on White - love


4. Neon Accessories
Not for those with uber traditional taste... also not for those who are shy.  There will be no blending into the background in statement pieces like this!  How fun for a girls night on the town, or a summer party.
neon accessories


5. Bold Striped Entryway
You might think that a small space + bold pattern = bad idea, but the black and white stripes draw the eye up, and make a narrow entryway feel spacious.  So fabulous and so French!
Block Print Stripe wallpaper by Farrow & Ball. Design: Hillary Thomas and Jeff Lincoln. Photo: Eric Piasecki. housebeautiful.com. #entry #foyer #wallpaper #black_and_white #stripes


6. Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfait
Um.... how delicious does this look?!  A simple little dessert that doesn't look TOO bad for you...  go here for the full recipe!
s'mores in a cup.


7. Upholstered Headboard with Nailhead Trim
I NEED this headboard!!  I've seen so many from Ballard Designs and Pottery Barn, but $600 seems a bit steep once you factor in the fabric and shipping.  I've toyed with the idea of making one myself, but the lines here seem a big out of my league, to put it nicely.  I love the big empty wall behind it, and the rustic chandelier handing off center.  I have no idea where this came from, but I want it so badly.
Little Green Notebook: Nailhead Trimmed Headboard


8. Cute Nautical Ensemble
Be careful with this one - high waisted shorts are NOT for everyone.  While it looks adorable on this teeny tiny model, I'll pass on the bottom half of this outfit, but the sheer aqua blouse would be so adorable this summer with a lower sitting pair of white shorts and gold accessories galore.
cute


9. The Girliest Bedroom in the History of the World
If I thought I could talk Kris into pale pink walls with matching silk curtains, this would be my room in a heartbeat.  I am fairly certain this is what heaven looks like, and don't even get me started on that mirror... pure glamour all the way.
mirror


10. Stunning Halo Engagement Ring
Hummina Hummina... that engagement ring is TO DIE FOR.  I think it's set in platinum (thus the darker metal), and I'd prefer more shine with a white gold, but now I am just getting nit picky.
Well Helloooo there...


No comments:

Post a Comment