Wednesday, May 2, 2012

How Pinteresting!

As a fan of pretty things, I often turn to Pinterest for inspiration - whether it's for fashion, home decor, recipes, or just pretty pictures - SO I've decided to start a series - How Pinteresting - to curate the things I've been finding most inspirational on Pinterest.

This week I'm all over the board with summer fashion inspiration, bold colors, and rustic home decor.

summer style
I'm loving this dress - not even the slightest clue where it's from, but I love the drape, I love that it's cut like a button down shirt (longer in the front, shorter on the sides), and I love that the fabric has a good weight.  It's work appropriate, but can be dressed up for night with bold accessories.

Navy on the wall!! So rich!
One might think it's the bright turquoise chest that I'm loving here, and while it is pretty fabulous on it's own, what I'm really drawn to is the wall color.  A dark color is a brave choice, but with lots of white (bedding, art, matte, and lamp) it doesn't give off a cave-like feeling.  Our bedroom doesn't get much light, and if we weren't renting, I would be painting this lovely navy on the walls this weekend!  I'm a little too lazy to try and cover that dark color back up when we move, so it's a no-go for now, but I'm loving the look here!

B stole my look!
Holy load of accessories!  Multiple neckleaces, bangles, bracelets, and watches... Throw in a chained belt, and patterned cuffs on the jacket and that's a whole lot going on.  I happen to love this - might not be able to pull it off, but am certainly going to try :-)

Day Glo pleated skirt
Day-glo goes ladylike!  I am loving the tight pleats on this skirt, and the bright neon orange.  Or is it pink?  Is "neon coral" a color?  Whatever it is, I am loving it.  Definitely a weekend or evening look, to be worn with pared down accessories, and a neutral top / shoes.

colorful balloon love
Oh this photograph... It's French, and there's a big bunch of colorful balloons... what's not to love?!

love this rustic table
From the nailhead trim on these chairs, to the raw wood table, I love everything about this dining room set-up!  We have a similarly styled pedestal table at home - an amazing find on Craigslist.  It's currently painted black, and since it's from the early 1900's, the paint is REALLY chipping.  I call it shabby chic, but it's definitely closer to "shabby" right now than "chic".  This photo makes me want to sand it down to it's original wood... so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment