Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Glitter Guide: Holiday Decor

Gold is in, in a big way - gold jewelery, watches, brass hardware, and gilded picture frames - it's everywhere!  Gold is the perfect transitional color for the holidays, and can take you from Thanksgiving seamlessly into Christmas (and beyond if you ask me).

I'm a big fan of transitional decor - things that feel like the season... not specifically the holiday, so I've pulled together some of my favorite gold accessories to incorporate into your seasonal decor, for a little glitz and glam that doesn't scream "Santa Claus"

Enjoy!


Stag Head: Ok... so he's not gold... but I couldn't resist!!  How cute would he be with a boxwood wreath around his neck... OR... a gold ornament wreath (in keeping with the gold theme here)... post holidays he could transition into a jaunty scarf...  Right?!

Jewelry Box: I need this.  My jewelry has taken over an entire dresser drawer and it's just mayhem.  I can never find anything, so this jewelry box (or a set of several) would be amazing... and simply gorgeous to keep out on a dresser or nightstand to hold the pieces I wear the most.

Honeycomb Ice Bucket: A super stylish way to keep drinks chilled at a holiday party...

Confetti Martini Shaker:  Um... I love this.  It's a party even before the drinks get poured!!

Gold Ikat Coasters: Another favorite of mine on here - to jazz up a coffee table and protect your furniture!  So cute, people will actually WANT to use them!

Gold Swirl Art: This is seasonally agnostic if you ask me!  I mean... this would look equally great in the summer as it would next to the glinting lights of the Christmas tree.

Cheers Bitches Banner: And.... perhaps my favorite item on the list.  How funny and awesome is this little banner??  Hanging over the drink table??  Love.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the "seasonal" decorating vs. holiday. It's so timeless! Featuring you and Cup Half Full on the blog tomorrow for my own X Bench Makeover reveal. Thanks for the inspiration! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just TOO SWEET for re-posting... hope all is well in your world!!

      Delete
  2. I need ALL of these things. Just found this blog and I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh - that just seriously made my day :-) Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete