Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Splurge or Save: Louis XIV Side Chair


Louis XIV... the other week we were talking all about his taste in mirrors... this week it's the chairs.  I swear I'm not obsessed with Marie Antoinette or anything... it just worked out this way!

I happen to be a huge fan of Louis XIV Chairs.  They have classic clean lines, feminine curves, but when done simply like the above, they don't look fussy or girly AT ALL.












I love them when they are upholstered...

I love them with their caned backs...

I love them painted...

But I also love them with their natural wood...

And one day, I would REALLY love to see a set of them in my house!  If you're looking to make that happen sooner than later, I rounded up a few for comparison sake... the "splurge" and the "save".

Were you able to guess which was which??

I'm not going to lie... Kathy Kuo knows her stuff... check out her site if you're looking for some (pricey) inspiration.  She has AMAZING things, but for those of you looking to save a few (thousand) dollars, check out World Market.

Now I realize that the "save" price might still seem a bit steep.  These aren't impulse purchase chairs, but for two chairs, $400 is a fair deal when we're talking those turned legs, the aged finish on the solid wood frame, and the linen upholstery.  I've also seen World Market sell them separately, so if you just needed one for a lonely corner, or as a desk chair it's not bad.  Also, considering they are running a special for 25% off furniture right now, it's actually $300 for both chairs.

Even without the 25% off, you could still buy 6 chairs for your dining room, for the price of the Kathy Kuo stunners (although that cane backing is so drool worthy)...  If you're looking to buy, links are below:
Save a few bucksWorld Market Linen Louis XIV Chair
Play Diddy for a dayKathy Kuo Home Louis XIV Chair

What do you think??  Is it worth the splurge or would you rather save??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neither World Market nor Kathy Kuo has paid me to post their products - all opinions are my own

3 comments:

  1. Such a great find - your blog is one of my favorite stops in the afternoons :-)

    -Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! That seriously just made my day!!

      Delete