Tuesday, November 6, 2012

DIY Leopard Gold Leaf Tray

Aside from the old dishes I have from college, and the hand-me-down plates I've accumulated from friends who have gotten married (and gotten new, pretty dishes), our dish wear is a random assortment of ranging from fiestaware, to shabby chic, and everything in between.

This is not a problem for me normally, since Kris could care less about the table settings, but I've been planning a little something for Kris' 30th birthday that is looming just around the corner, and wanting to make it a bit more special, so I've decided it's high time to get a few decorative plates for entertaining.


Luckily for me, I found this adorable DIY tutorial at A Creative Day for a DIY Leopard Print Tray - made with a gold leaf pen! (angels singing).  Check out her cute blog, and her lovely DIY here!

Ikea has great (cheap) white dishes, and you can find a gold leaf pen at Michaels for less than five dollars!  Done and done!  I can't wait to whip up a few sassy serving platters and plates!

I love this irregular shape of this bowl, the modern look of this platter, and the classic lines this tray (which coincidentally would also look amazing on a coffee table or entry way to corral keys, mail, and the random nickles I find scattered around our house).

7 comments:

  1. That is so funny you posted this - I pinned this on Pinterest a few days ago, but the pin didn't have a source! Thank you thank you!!
    - Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. that tray looks amazing! great DIY :)


    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    SideSmile Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I am on a gold leaf kick, so wish me luck that I limit this to just the dishes :-)

      Delete
  3. Love this tray! Can't wait to try it myself!

    xo,
    ann e
    annelliott.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I went to try it out last night, only to find out the the rest of my gold leaf paint had dried up! #whitegirlproblems

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Teeth Night Guard is providing precise fitting and high quality custom made dental protectors.

    ReplyDelete