Lots of them. In our entryway... what do you think?
To be honest, I'm not 100% sure about them. I did about 75% of the walls before deciding to think about it some more. Imagine Kris' surprise when he came home to lots and LOTS of stripes.
He said he felt like he was in jail.
HA! Little does he know...
Can you guess how I got these stripes up?? Tape!! I used 3" black painters tape (easily ordered from Amazon), and it took me only an hour or so to get all of these stripes up. Measure... tape... measure... tape. Tedious, but simple, and best of all, very temporary, so if I change my mind, it won't be a huge task. I'm going to live with it for a few days before making up my mind.
- These stripes make the space feel larger
- The visual impact is really stunning, and the lines are perfectly crisp
- It doesn't look like tape in person... it actually looks like paint or wallpaper
- The HUGE contrast between the entry and the living room feels disjointed
- The narrow stripes make it a very busy pattern... too busy perhaps?
Here the view from the living room... even with the unfinished wall, you still get an idea of how it will look. Sorry for the low light, and crappy iPhone pic. It was late, and I was very into Real Housewives...
So... what do I do??
The entry is connected to our kitchen, and living room, and without any windows it's dark, and without the stripes, it is VERY blah.
See this before:
Blah. So... what to do? Keep the stripes or ditch them for something else??