Saturday, December 29, 2012

Faux Fur - Three Ways

                                 Source

Everyone has an opinion on faux fur, and I for one happen to love it.  I don't have the heart (or the money) to invest in real fur, and there is something so cozy AND chic about it in the winter.

If I were to try and describe my style in a nutshell, it would say that I go for feminine tailored pieces with classic lines, pops of color, and a few "fashion-y" statement pieces mixed in.  My style icons are Jackie O, Miranda Kerr, Kate Spade, and Victoria Beckham.  I rarely go for the overly blousy, off the shoulder tops, or the boho-chic look - regardless of how much I admire it on others - but this new year, I am going to step out of my comfort zone, and take on faux fur.  A faux fur vest to be precise.

I think if styled correctly, it can work for many occasions, and while definitely on the edgy side of style, I think I can work it into my wardrobe, with the staples I already love to wear.

For Work:
Faux Fur I



Carven sheer long sleeve blouse, $710 / MNG by Mango fake fur vest / True Religion slim fit jeans / KORS Michael Kors high heels / Mulberry zippered tote bag / Juicy Couture swarovski crystal jewelry / Dorothy Perkins two tone earrings / NARS Cosmetics , $31

Grabbing a pair of black skinny jeans, and a soft brown silk blouse will make this dressy enough for work, but comfy enough to run around the office and meet clients for lunch.  The booties will keep my toes warm, and a big bowler or tote will hold all my stuff.  I'm all about simple accessories for daytime, and light pink lips will be flattering on pale winter skin.

For Weekends:
Faux Fur Vest II



Abercrombie & Fitch embroidered shirt / MNG by Mango faux fur vest / Topshop tall jeans / Minnetonka moccasin / Steve Madden / Rebecca Minkoff collar jewelry / Marie Chavez / MICHAEL Michael Kors leather jewelry

Flannel is bigger now than it was in the 90's, and since it's tailored - not grunge - it would be perfect with jeans, and flat moccasins to look pulled together while running errands or hanging out with friends.  I love that a few layered chains dress things up, and a studded bag keeps it from looking too "back-woods".

For Evenings:
Fur Vest III



T By Alexander Wang long sleeve blouse, $325 / MNG by Mango faux fur vest / Topshop faux leather pants / Kate Spade high heel shoes / Coast gold handbag, $65 / Amrita Singh / Teardrop earrings / Warehouse leopard print belt, $29

Keep the underpinnings simple and black.  Faux leather (stretch) leggings dress things up, and simple black silk blouse (with a few buttons left undone) sex it up a little.  Belt the vest with a little leopard belt, and break out some killer pumps and accessories.  This is perfect for date night and bar hopping in the frigid weather.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the ostrich bag but at $7500 it will never see it's way to my hands lol.

    ReplyDelete