Monday, June 18, 2012

Daddy's Little Girl



Can you guess which little nugget is me?!  I was looking through old photos yesterday at my parents house, and came across this one - in honor of Father's Day, I just HAD to post.  Wasn't my dad so handsome?!  Look how young he is!!  Kris is almost as old as my dad was in this picture - crazy!

Anyway, this is pretty much how I remember my dad growing up - a full beard (or mustache) which he had for years and years... pretty much since I could remember.  He finally shaved it off when I was in college - a traumatic experience for me.  The first time my parents came to visit me in the dorms, I was so excited to see them that it took me a full 10 minutes or so before I realized that he had shaved it off... and then I cried (story of my life, from the girl who hates change).  I just remember saying, "Oh my gosh, you look like Uncle Scott!" - perhaps not a compliment at the time.

Since then, I have gotten used to him without the beard - he is our silver fox, and one of the best people I know.  He loves the simple things in life - getting his hands dirty with projects on the house, going sailing (the wind is FREE), and stretching out in our sunny backyard for an afternoon cat nap.  He is stubborn, loyal, and the hardest worker I know... he loves to golf, loves his vodka (vitamin V is the most important vitamin), but most of all he loves my mom. In so many ways, he reminds me of ME, and I am so proud to be his baby daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment