Friday, June 1, 2012

Fancy Footwear

For all those Carrie Bradshaw wannabe's, today is your lucky day!  I've been dreaming of shoes, and put together my wish list.  It's pretty lengthy, and over the top extravagant, but a girl can dream!  Who doesn't love a fabulous pair of shoes that you feel awesome in every time you slip them on.  *Note: fabulous shoes do not equate with comfort.

Enjoy!
- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - --
A Walk on the Wild Side:

Wild Footwear


Just drink in all those crazy studs, spikes, and straps.  Nope, we aren't talking anything naughty - just some fabulous edgy styles. I am especially loving the spiky, gold, pointy toed Louboutan's with the ankle strap.  If only... Feeling nervous about the sky high stilettos?  Stick with a tamed down version of these wild shoes, and go flat - the Sam Edelman's are THE COMFIEST flats I've ever owned.  The bottoms are quilted, and it feels like I'm wearing slippers.

- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - --

She's a Lady (whoa whoa whoa):
Lady Like Tootsies


Couldn't help myself with a little Tim Jones there...  The next group here is nothing short of ladylike.  Any white gloved, brimmed hat wearing lady would agree.  Take classic lines, thin delicate heels and pair them up with frilly bows, pretty jewels, and pretty colors, and you've got a match made in heaven.  I'm pretty sure everyone will agree that the cobalt blue Manolo Blahnik's are THE MOST iconic shoe of all time, followed by their sweet silver peep toe sister (thank you SATC).

- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - --

Footloose and Fancy Free
Practical Toes



Gucci leather gladiator sandals, £415
Tory burch shoes, $291
J.Crew flat shoes, $250
Maliparmi flat sandals, $189
Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent leather flat, 170 CAD
J.Crew slip on shoes, $190
Toast flat shoes, £85
SuperTrash strappy sandals, €85
Ballet flat, $59
Flat, $50
Oasis flat sandals, $38


There is room to be practical here too, and while I've hated flat shoes for most of my life (I'm a tried and true heel addict), I've warmed to the idea of flat sandals and ballet flats.  At 5'8" I still love me some high HIGH heels, but a good flat shoe is a real statement in my wardrobe now.  Leopard print is a favorite of mine - I wear it as a neutral, and get so many compliments on them, but I'm loving the Ikat print pair at the bottom, and the sweet hearts on the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment