Thursday, June 14, 2012

How Pinteresting: Week IV

Oh Pinterest, how I love thee.  Even though I need to improve the number of projects I actually do, who doesn't want to see a round up of Pinterest's best of the best - the prettiest, coolest, and most inspirational pins from the past few weeks.  I know I sure do!

Without further ado, let's go!

- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - --
1. Black and White Graphic Painted Floors
La Dolce Vita is responsible for posting this FABULOUS dining room, and while it takes a brave person to paint hardwood floors, these are absolutely amazing.  Without the floors, the room would be nice but the graphic design opens the room up, and take it from "nice" to "holy guacamole"!!  Wouldn't this be a great way to revamp some sad wood floors that needed to be re-finished (or worse, torn out?!)  Time consuming, yes, but expensive? Not at all.
mary mcdonald


2. Chunky Statement Necklace from Shopbop
Shopbop has this stylish necklace in stock, and while a bit out of my "on-a-budget" price range, I can't help lusting after it.  Dress up a plain tshirt, or wear it with a flirty dress for a night out.  Something about it reminds me of this necklace Carrie wore on SATC...

Mirage Necklace


3. Prettiest Bedroom in the World?
Um... I think so!  I had really loved dark wood for a long, looonngggg time (thus all the dark wood furniture currently in our apartment), but now I'm really loving distressed wood with the look of being reclaimed, or even antique.  Wood with a greyish hue seems really organic and brings a peaceful feel to most rooms.  Between the upholstered headboard, the weathered wood, and the fluffy white bedding, I am loving how this room looks!

Master Bedroom


4. Voluminous Blonde Hair
Leave it to Heidi Klum to make us hate her even more than we already did.  I am pretty sure that this photo is the definition of a blonde bombshell.  I am going in to get my hair re-blonded (we aren't all natural blondes anymore) and am thinking that I might go after some side swept bangs.  I've let mine grow out, and they are past my chin now, but this looks so cute on her - I think I could work the bangs again!

LOVE her hair


5. Marble Fret Coffee Table
This coffee table from ZincDoor is as graphically interesting as the rug it sits on!  The lattice pattern on the sides makes a huge visual impact, while the clean smooth top doesn't take it too far.  I love the table, but the price tag is a painful $4998... let's be real, that equals WAY more than $5K with taxes, shipping, etc.  To make myself feel better, I also tell myself that it would be way too busy (and big) for our modest apartment... but isn't it pretty??

dying over this cocktail table... but not the price.


6. Asos Black Mesh Skirt
How adorable is this?!  I've never ordered anything from Asos, but hear nothing but great things about their clothing - this skirt is just 35 Euros, and obviously comes with lining since it's sheer!  I am seriously considering placing an order, and will keep you posted when it comes!

Full Skirt In Mesh And Solid Stripe / ASOS


7. Trellis Linen Drumshade
Shades of Light has his awesome drum shade in both a natural taupe and pale blue, and I love how simple it is.  I still love a good glitzy chandelier, but for a more muted (and boyfriend friendly) look, the drum shade has really been growing on me.  I'm not sure if $179 is a good price, but I love it anyway!

trellis linen drum shade


8. Slouchy Sweater
This girl's glasses are all sorts of wrong with the rhinestones, but overall, this look is so cute and easy to wear.  Even though its loose, the deep wide v-neck makes this ultra feminine, despite the ripped up jeans, and un-done hair.  I have no clue where this sweater came from, but it's going on my wishlist for summer, since San Francisco is never hot.

mint & gorgeous-ness.


9. Nailhead Chair
This Chair is from Joss and Main - a site I've been hearing more and more about!  It's membership only (it's free to register and join), and while I don't know a ton about it yet, they have some really wonderful collections.  From the number of blog posts I've written about my love of anything with a nailhead trim, it should come as no surprise that I am in love with this chair.  It's got great lines, the nailhead pulls out the details, and I think I could happily sink into this at the end of every day.  If there were casters on the bottom, I think it would be PERFECT.

Evan Club Chair


10. Coral hi-low dress
A HUGE trend this spring and summer, hi-low dresses are everywhere.  I'm not 100% sold on all of them, but in this floaty fabric, I think its really feminine and pretty.  It also helps that the front isn't super short - that can look sort of odd.  I also love the double wrap belt - it makes a "long" dress more casual so you could wear it in the afternoon when it's still light out.  This would be perfect for a rehearsal dinner, wedding, or nice dinner out.  Know what would really finish it for me??  Some sort of aqua accessory - coral and aqua are like peanut butter and jelly... it's just so right together.

high low dress

1 comment:

  1. I love the ASOS black mesh skirt & the coral hi-low dress....both so FAB!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete