Sunday, June 3, 2012

Summer Breakfast

Summer is just around the corner, and in California that means one thing - fresh summer produce at its best! I've been stocking up on berries at the supermarket to have on hand for healthy breakfasts, and the berries are so inexpensive (between $1.50 - $2.00 per basket) I can't resist!

How delicious does this look??  Fresh berries, nonfat greek yogurt (virtually no calories and high in protein) and a drizzle of honey.

I've also heard that local honey helps with allergies - which have been out of control this year - so this breakfast is double the goodness!


Just look at these berries - amazing!!


In addition to the berries, I've been experimenting with the HDR camera we have.  I finally felt brave enough to take it off the "manual" settings, and experiment with the F stop, aperture and shutter speeds.  I'm not 100% sure that I totally understand what I'm doing, but after reading  a few guides online, I think I am A LOT closer to taking better photos than I was before.  

I love that even in non-ideal lighting, the pictures come out bright and vibrant.  I am especially proud of the photo below where the background is completely blurred out while the berries on the spoon are in sharp focus.

Go me! Ha :-)


1 comment:

  1. Those photos are fantastic!! And those berries look so colourful and delicious, my mouth is watering :)
    xo K
    www.lilieslattesandlace.com

    ReplyDelete