Monday, October 29, 2012

Gallery Wall Inspiration

I've been toying with the idea of creating a gallery wall on the very blah wall behind our couch.  In the ideal world, the couch would get the heave ho, but that's another story for another day.  Working with what I've got, I desperately want to draw the eye up, and replace the blah black and white photos (from Ikea, where else) that are currently there.

The question now is, how do I want this gallery wall to look??

I could go with large white mats, identical frames, and hang them in a symmetrical grid like this...
Gallery Wall
                Source

Or mix it up with photos, letters, frames, slats of wood, old keys, and whatever else just looks cool like these next two gallery walls...
Gallery Wall  Wall Color
Source

gallery wall
                                  Source

I could go black and white all the way, but mix up the size and shapes of the frames a bit...
Gallery wall
Source

I could go eclectic with varying frames of different colors...
gallery wall, rug
             Source

Or I could get all "beautiful mind" on the wall, and go nuts with a thousand small frames packed tightly together (very cool,  but something tells me we are definitely NOT going there)...
wall to wall gallery
Source

What do you think?  Maybe I should snap some photos of the living room wall as it stands now...

No comments:

Post a Comment