Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Lady in Red

Red flared pants + blouse  

Red pants... are you brave enough to wear a pair??    I am LOVING the look of these looser fitting trousers with a sheer white blouse.  A great red pant is a "nice to have" not a "need to have" in terms of wardrobe essentials, but wouldn't they be fun to wear??

In middle school, one of my FAVORITE things to wear was a pair of blood red, bell bottom corduroys.  I was thirteen years old and stick thin (seriously... I was fully grown at 5'8" and but weighed around 96 lbs).  Regardless, I felt awesome in my bright red pants.  As an homage to the 13 year old in me that was brave enough to wear red pants all through the 7th and 8th grade, I put together a few options with how to wear guidelines... take a peek!

Red Pants


Marni wool pants / Marni crepe pants / Theory pants, $1,220 / Pink Tartan red pants, $245 / Mango pleated pants, $72 / Valentino lace up heels / Christian Louboutin leopard print heels / Rupert Sanderson high heel pumps / Ash black boots, $465 / High heel pumps / 3.1 Phillip Lim satchel handbag / Dareen Hakim clutch handbag / Yves Saint Laurent chain link necklace / Miriam Salat resin jewelry / DANNIJO brass jewelry / Kate Spade clip on earrings / Long necklace, $9.62 / Charlotte Russe rhinestone earrings


From left - you better be a brave woman to wear this pair of Theory Stretch Leather Leggings, but if done right with these Valentino laser cut booties, they would be absolutely fabulous.

Red skinny jeans feel really urban and edgy - pair with some motorcycle boots and funky accessories - I especially love this cuff.

In the middle, these mens wear trousers from Mango are the most affordable, and the most similar to the pants in the inspiration.  I just love them for work with a big bag, and neutral shoes.

A cropped version presents the perfect opportunity to show off fun pair of suede peep toe pumps (with bow!)  The cornflower blue in the bangles and the deep sapphire blue of the earrings make the color combo feel more like winter to me.

Finally, leopard print is the perfect compliment to red - a fun pair of peep toe pumps and a chunky statement necklace are amazing for prowling around the town or a swanky dinner on the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE! If I were taller, I'd definitely try out some red pants. Perfect for the holidays too!
    xo, kelsey

    ReplyDelete