Monday, October 1, 2012

Hunting at HomeGoods

Oh HomeGoods - this place is such a wealth of treasures... it also houses a lot of "non-treasures", so whenever I make the trek 45 minutes outside of the city to go there, I give myself at LEAST a few hours to dig through everything.

I went there over the weekend, bound and determined to find some fun fall decor, and as I was walking through the store, saw some really great things.

Mirrors:
We need a replacement mirror (or even piece of art) for the hallway, where we currently have our dwarfed sunburst mirror.  These two immediately caught my attention -



The first one with the leaf motif was $50, and the second one was $100.  I actually hate the "marbled" frame on the second one, but that can easily be fixed with some paint, or some gold or silver leaf.  This picture actually doesn't capture the scale of this mirror - it was really large at roughly 3 feet in diameter, and it reminded me quite a bit of this one, originally posted in a bedroom makeover from A Well Dressed Home (seen below):



I also saw this candle holder - kind of tacky, but also kind of cool.  One of my favorite homes belongs to a woman in Southern California, who would prefer to keep her family's blog personal.  Her style is clean, and simple, taking shabby chic, and mixing it with classic lines, and minimal colors.  You'd be shocked to know that there are three wild girls running around her all white house.  ANYWAY, in her living room is a really pretty candleabra, and this candlestick reminds me so much of it!

HomeGoods beaded candlestick:

Antique Candleabra:

I know, I know... the finish leaves something to be desired.  That's why it stayed at the store instead of coming home with me, but with a little creativity, it might work...

After accessories, came the chairs.  There were SO MANY really cute ones, but my favorites were these Ikat print sliipper chairs ($350 for the pair), along with these oatmeal linen dining room chairs with the nailhead detail ($199 each).


Near the chairs were the larger pieces of furniture.  I LOVED this mirrored console table, although I'm not sure how Kris would feel about that....


It reminded me so much of the ZGallerie borghese collection... right??


I came home with a lot of little things - a new vase, some autumnal preserved leaves, a new bath mat that feels like heaven on our feet, a few holiday throw pillows to be stored until December, and some picture frames, waiting for pictures.  Nothing ground breaking but it was fun to come through everything!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment