Thursday, October 4, 2012

Upholstered Headboards

I originally fell in love with upholstered headboards in Sex and the City - do you remember the episode where Charlotte finally ditches the decoy ducks and plaid wallpaper in her and Trey's Upper East Side apartment (much to Bunny's disdain)??  Charlotte replaced the dark hunting lodge vibe with light colors, and a beautiful upholstered bed.  It was love.  When that episode first premiered, I remember thinking, I'm going to have a bed like that in my house one day....

Now, upholstered headboards and bed-frames are very "on trend" but it doesn't deter me from wanting one.  Actually, I feel like there are so many options now since they've become popular, that it's to my benefit!  My favorites have nailhead trim, and are stuffed to the point of almost being overstuffed.  I love tufting of any kind, and as we are getting a new mattress very soon (feels like I've been saying that for months now) it's time to start making some decisions...  here are a few of my favorites I'm using for inspiration:

Simple lines and nail head trim... fabulous!


I love the clean white, and more dramatic curve on this one...

This headboard by Centsational Girl has always been a favorite with the cut-outs on the side...

I love the rolled footboard, and deep tufting here... unfortunately this is way too large for our room

The deep tufting and curved sides make a headboard with straight lines a little more unique

Finally, this may be a teenagers room, but this bed frame is absolutely classic.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting and amazing how your post is! It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much, and I am looking forward to Hearing from your next..
    click

    ReplyDelete